Samstag, 24. November 2012

Name: Cornelius
Age: 21
Location: Vienna


How long are you sober ?
I quit drinking 3 years ago. Back then I just wanted to be fully
concentrated for my final exams.

Why did you decide to be straight edge ?
As stated above I didn't intend to totally stop using any kind of drug
but wanted to have a clear mind for a while. It turned out that the
only thing you share with some so called friends is a bottle alcohol
or smoking a joint. As I realized this, I decided to do the only thing
that was right for me.
I would rather call my lifestyle 'drug free' than straight edge. There
are so many bad stereotypes that go with that word and I also don't
know if I won't drink again sometimes in the future. For example when
I am an old fart.
I enjoy listening sXe bands and shouting along to their songs but I
refrain from glorifying the term or the lifestyle.
I don't enjoy the taste of alcohol or other drugs and they mostly make
me depressed or acting stupid.
I can be self-confident without being affected by drugs.

How long are you vegan ?

I am vegan for nearly 2 years now. Before that I was a vegetarian for
another 2 years.

Why are you vegan ?
Primarily for the animals in the world who suffer everyday and get
murdered so people can wear their skins, eat their flesh and exploit
them in every way possible.
For me it is the only right choice to make but I won't judge others
because they don't life as I do.
Getting in their faces with opinions won't change their mind, I rather
show them how easy and enjoyable it is to live vegan.

What do you think about „edge breaking“ ?
I don't take that as seriously as others might do. The most important
part about being edge is to have respect towards others and also
yourself.
As long as you show respect towards your surroundings I do not see a
problem having a drink or smoke something.

What's your opinion about D.I.Y. ?

It is one of the greatest aspects of the hardcore scene. I am very
glad that there are still people in Vienna who care about the music
and the message and won't let the scene be undermined by any
capitalistic ideals.

Do you show that you are vegan edge ? Do you x'up or have edge tattoos?
I have a Hoodie and a cap where there is "straight edge - something
more than ink" written on it. I rarely wear them and only to few
occasions. It's merch from a guy who runs a Facebook page about
straight edge and hardcore music. He does a lot of charity and so I
wanted to support him. (check him out: http://www.xmorethaninkx.com)
I don't plan to get any edge tattoos. Maybe someday one or more about
veganism and animal rights.

Do you play in a band ? Is the band vegan edge ?
I am the shouter and screamer in a mathcore band called SAIL THIS SHIP ALONE. Only the bass player Martin (also playing in the vegan Band
CHARLY BONE) and me are vegan and drug free.

What's about your local scene ? Many vegan edge people around ? Many
shows (common and vegan edge)?

I think there are many open minded people in our scene and I enjoy
going to shows and talking with them about those subjects. I know
several people who are vegan, edge or both.
I personally think that there are sometimes too many shows and it is
hard to keep up with the amount of bands that are visiting our town.
Also sometimes I think that certain bands shouldn't tour because they
are really not good in any way.

What do you think about violent dancing ? Do you practice it ?
I think it is a nice way to get physically into the music and release
the feelings inside you that come up during the show. If you practice
it carefully and watch out for other people there is no problem.
The problem is not the moshing but the people who do it wrong and
sometimes hurting people on purpose. But I can assure you that such
people will have a hard time around me.
Pogo dancing on the other hand really bugs me because it seems that
only mindless bastards are practicing it (sorry for the rant). In
combination with violent dancers it can lead to a bitter end.

What are your 3 favorite straight edge bands ?
old GhostXShip (with Curtis on the Mic and their old guitarist), Casey
Jones (R.I.P.) and Have Heart (R.I.P.)

What are your 3 favorite bands ?

Right now I would say Code Orange Kids, Touché Amoré and Agitator

Do you watch TV ? What do you think about it ?
I don't have TV and I didn't have one for the last 6 or 7 years and I
am glad. I use the internet and I can get the information, movies and
tv shows I want more precisely.
I don't need uninspired trash shows to feel better about myself.

What do you think about the quote „Straight Edge is politics“ ?
Never heard of it and it sounds strange to me. I don't see the
connection between the "commitment" and politics and I think I would
not care about it if I knew what it's about.

What do you think about the hardline movement ?

Is this still a trend? I really could care less. I just heard that
they are homophobic pricks with a militant view on the whole straight
edge thing and that it was big in the states.

What do you think about pro-choice and pro-life?
It is always a tough question. I think that if a girl or a woman
decides to abort their unborn child then they will have a good reason
for it. It's not something you choose to do easily.

What do you think about religions ?

I was never baptized because my parents wanted me to choose my
religion or what I believe in myself. I don't believe in any "holy
book" that is written by humans and I won't follow any guideline made
by anyone but myself.
Religions are preaching morals that should be manifested in every
person. Treat others with respect and you will be treated the same
way. I don't know what awaits me after I die but I am sure it won't be
bad.
Life only has meaning if you give it one. Too many people need
religion as an excuse for things they are not capable of handling.

Any shout outs ? Things to check out ?

Shout out to all my friends, my family and every one who actually read
this. I love you with all my heart.
Check out this mofos form Austria and show them some love: GREAY YEARS, CHARLY BONE and LORRAINE
This blog is awesome <3

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen