Donnerstag, 15. November 2012

Name: Gebu
Age: 21
Location: Vienna, Austria.



How long are you sober ?
I started drinking alcohol in the age of 15 and quit when I was 16. I've been sober for almost 6 years now.

Why did you decide to be straight edge?
at the same time when I became the idea of stop taking drugs, I started listening to hardcore and when you do that, it is clear that you will hear about a drug free movement called straight edge.

How long are you vegan ?
for more than 2 years now.

Why are you vegan ?

I think that is very clear. in the first place there are ethical aspects. it is a wonderful side effect that a vegan diet is also a very enviroment friendly one.

What do you think about „edge breaking“?

I personally have no problem with "edge breaking" because people (and so their ideas do) change. this is a normal thing. if someone has the urge do start drinking alcohol again, FUCK DO THAT. there are no ehtical problems with taking drugs, as long other interests are not violated.

What's your opinion about D.I.Y. ?
THE thing which seperates hardcore/punk from other music genres.

Do you show that you are vegan edge ? Do you x'up or have edge tattoos?
I personally have no single tattoo (but maybe this will change in the near future, we will see ;)). I am very rarely x'up, but I show with some shirts that I am vegan and straight edge.

Do you play in a band ? Is the band vegan edge ?

not yet.

What's about your local scene ? Many vegan edge people around ? Many shows (common and vegan edge)?
Vienna is different.

What do you think about violent dancing ? Do you practice it ?
not really, and I think it is okay as long the people pay attention to the other people who are dancing.

What are your 3 favourite straight edge bands ?
my favorite bands change very often.

What are your 3 favourite bands ?
my favorite bands change very often.

Do you watch TV ? What do you think about it ?
sometimes I watch sport on tv.

What do you think about the qoute „Straight Edge is politics“ ?
in some way this sentence may have substance but we should not think that being straight edge will politically change anything.

What do you think about the hardline movement ?
bullshit.

What do you think about pro-choice and pro-life ?

pro-choice is ethical. pro-life is religious bullshit.

What do you think about religions ?

the biggest shit on earth.

Any shout outs ? Things to check out ?

question everything.

Check out his fanzine "leave this earth"

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen